This scheme has been started under the Central Government for the development of transgender citizens of the country. Under this scheme, the Central Government will provide insurance cover of up to Rs 5 lakh under Ayushman Bharat Scheme to provide health facilities to transgender people.
Besides, the benefit of scholarship amount for education will be provided to the transgender children for their public welfare. From training to placement, employment opportunities will also be provided to the beneficiaries under the SMILE Scheme.
Smile Scheme 2023 :
Various types of initiatives are started through the government to give equal rights to all the citizens of the country. One of these important initiatives is the Smile Scheme.
In which work will be done to bring transgender people into the mainstream. Under this scheme, the Central Government will provide various types of facilities to all the transgender people of the country for their development.
For the operation of this scheme, a budget of Rs 365 crore has been set by the Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shri Virendra Kumar from the financial year 2021-22 to the financial year 2025-26. More than 60 thousand citizens of the country will get benefits under the Smile Scheme of the Central Government.
Objectives of Smile Scheme :
The main objective of SMILE Scheme is to develop all the people belonging to transgender community. So that all such people can get self-respect in the society.
This scheme will be helpful in providing all kinds of facilities from scholarship facility to all the people to complete their studies. An amount of Rs 13 thousand 5 hundred will be provided to all transgender students from 9th to graduation as scholarship amount for education.
On the basis of this facility, all the children belonging to transgender community will be helped in completing their education. Along with this, facilities for employment, training placement etc. will be provided to the children of transgender community. This scheme will be especially helpful in helping transgender citizens to become self-reliant and empowered.
Sub-schemes of SMILE Scheme :
- Pre Matric, Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Education
- Skill development under PM Daksh scheme
- Residential facility in the form of Garima Graha
- Provision of Transgender Protection Cell
Benefits and features of SMILE Scheme 2023 :
- SMILE Scheme has been launched by the Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Virendra Kumar.
- This scheme has been started under the Central Government for the development of the citizens of transgender society.
- Under this scheme, various types of facilities will be provided to the people of transgender community.
- All types of services related to education, health and employment have been included in the Smile Scheme.
- Under this scheme, 60 thousand citizens of the country will be benefited.
- Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana, insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh will be provided to the beneficiary citizens.
- Under this scheme, scholarship amount will be distributed to the beneficiary citizens for their studies from class nine to graduation.
Eligibility for SMILE Scheme :
- To avail the benefits of this scheme, the applicant must be a native citizen of India.
- Only citizens belonging to transgender community can apply under Smile Scheme.
- All types of necessary documents should be there to apply.
Required Documents :
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate
- Family Annual Income Certificate
- Address proof
- Ration card
- email id
- passport size photograph
- mobile number