What is Ujjwala Yojana?
Under the Ujjwala scheme, poor families are provided free LPG connections by the government. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched ‘Ujjwala Yojana’ on 1 May 2016. According to government figures, till now more than 9.6 crore LPG connections have been given under this scheme in the country. There are some conditions to avail this benefit, such as the age of the applicant should be at least 18 years (female only), and there should not be any other LPG connection in the same house.
Objectives of PM Ujjwala Yojana:
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was started with the aim of protecting women and creating a safe environment. In economically backward families, things like wood, cow dung cakes are used as fuel for cooking. The smoke emanating from it is the root of many diseases. Poor families do not even have money to buy gas cylinders. That is why Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana was launched. Not only this, the government left no stone unturned in publicizing the scheme and motivating women to cook food using clean fuel. Initially the government gave the message to women through advertisements, street plays and posters. After which today many women are freed from the smoke of the stove and are using LPG gas for cooking.
Who Can Apply for PM Ujjwala Yojana:
- The first condition to apply for Ujjwala scheme is that the applicant should be a woman. The age of the woman should be more than 18 years.
- The woman should be from BPL family.
- The woman should have BPL card and ration card.
- There should not be LPG connection in the name of any member of the applicant’s family.
- The name of the applicant or name of any family member should not already be in LPG connection.
Documents for PM Ujjwala Yojana:
- mobile number
- age certificate
- Aadhar card
- Photocopy of ration card
- bpl card
- print name in bpl list
- passport size photo
- photo copy of bank
Process to Apply PM Ujjwala Yojana :
To avail the benefits of the scheme, you can also apply online. For this you have to follow some procedure.
- First of all go to the official site of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana www.pmuy.gov.in.
- Now on the home page you have to select the download option.
- Now the option to download four forms will open in front of you. Which includes Ujjwala Form Hindi, Ujjwala Form English, Ujjwala KYC Form Hindi and the fourth Ujjwala KYC Form English.
- Out of these four options, you can click on the Ujjwala form according to your language and download it.
- If you want, you can also get this form from the LPG center.
- After getting the print out of the form, fill all the information asked in it like your name, age, address.
- A list of required documents will also be asked for in the form. Attach them with the form.
- Now read the form once and submit it to your nearest LPG center.
- After this, when your form and verification of all the documents is completed, you will get the gas connection for free.