PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 :
The Central Government has set a target of implementing the National Scholarship Scheme of Rs 7200 crore for the students from 9th class to PG from the deprived sections of the country’s society. A target of Rs 720000 crore has been set by the Central Government for this PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme. Under this scheme, approximately 85 lakh students will be benefited in the first year.
All the scholarships being run for the deprived sections of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment will be included under the PM Yashasvi Scheme. Students of the country who want to pursue higher education by availing the benefit of this PM Yashasvi Scheme, will have to apply online under this scheme.
Objectives of PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme :
PM yasasvi scholarship scheme PM Young Achievers Scholarship Scheme for a Vibrant India (YAASASVI) has been launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJ&E), Government of India, to provide scholarships to students from various poor sections of the society. The benefit of this scheme will be provided to students from economically weaker sections of the country.
Through the Prime Minister Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme 2023, students of the country who want to pursue higher education will be provided scholarship by the Central Government in the form of financial assistance. The aim is to assist these students to become financially independent and provide them with the resources they need to continue their studies. Through this scholarship, the students of the country will be able to become strong and self-reliant and will be able to achieve their further higher education without depending on others.
How much scholarship will be given under PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme?
Under PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme, students will be selected for scholarship through examination. Students selected under this scheme will be provided the benefit of scholarship as per rules. Along with this, on the basis of merit, a scholarship of Rs 75,000 will be given to the students of class 9th. Whereas, scholarship of Rs 1,25,000 will be provided to class 11th students.
Benefits of PM YASASVI Scheme 2023 :
The benefits provided by the government through the scholarship scheme under PM yasasvi scholarship scheme are as follows.
- This scholarship is transparent and tests are conducted to international standards.
- Qualifying for all of these scholarships is determined by the moral standing of the students.
- The benefit of this scheme will be given only to the students of class nine and class ten.
- The central government will give a salary of Rs 75,000 per year to the students of class nine. Also, Rs 125,000 will be provided annually to class 11th students.
Financial assistance available under PM Yashasvi Scholarship Scheme :
- Merit list has been organized by the Central Government every year in the month of June-July.
- Under this scheme, the government will provide financial assistance of Rs 75,000 every year to class 9th students.
- Rs 125,000 will be provided annually to class 11th students of the state.
- This amount will be transferred to the bank account of the eligible student by the Central Government.
PM YASASVI Scholarship Scheme 2023 Age Limit :
- The date of birth of class 9th students must be between April 1, 2007 to March 31, 2011. With this both the dates will be included.
- The date of birth of class 11th students must be between 1 April 2005 to 31 March 2009. Along with this, both the dates will be included.
necessary documents :
To avail the benefits of this scheme, a student must have class 10 passing certificate or class 8 passing certificate.
It is necessary to have income certificate.
Candidate’s identity card, mobile number and email ID
The student must have at least one of the following credentials: Certificate for OBC/EBC/DNT SAR/NT/SNT respectively.