Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched ‘PM Vishwakarma’ scheme today on the occasion of Vishwakarma Jayanti. Under this scheme, traditional artisans and craftsmen will be given financial assistance. The government will invest Rs 13,000 crore in this scheme and toolkits and stipends will also be provided to the planners.
What is Vishwakarma Yojana?
The objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to artisans. This will promote the practice of traditional skills of artisans. This will help in delivering the products and services properly to the artisans. The beneficiary of this scheme will get a toolkit worth Rs 15,000. Apart from this, the beneficiary will also get a stipend of Rs 500 per day along with skill training.
Target to provide benefits to 3 lakh workers for financial year 2023-24 :
The Central Government has released Rs 13,000 crore for PM Vishwakarma Yojana. This scheme, being launched on September 17, will be implemented by three ministries, MSME, Skill Development and Finance Ministry. According to the report, an official said that the target is to register more than 3 lakh beneficiaries in the current financial year. They will be helped by giving loans.
The official said that the roadmap for implementation of the scheme and the process of identification of beneficiaries of PM Vishwakarma Yojana were discussed in the meeting. Under the scheme, skilled workers will be given training for 4-5 days to upgrade their skills, after which they will become eligible for the loan.
Who will get the benefit?
Under this scheme, initially 18 types of work have been identified. These include:- carpenters, barbers, goldsmiths, cobblers, washermen, tailors, masons, potters, blacksmiths, weapon makers, boat makers, hammer and tool makers, locksmiths, sculptors, basket and mat weavers. , doll and toy makers, garland makers and fishing net makers.
Registration and Implementation:
Registration for Vishwakarma Yojana can be completed at Common Service Centers in villages.
While the Central Government will provide funds for this scheme, cooperation will also be sought from the State Governments.
What is the process?
- After basic training, skill verification certificate will be given in 5 to 7 days.
- Interested candidates can also register for 15 days advance training.
- A stipend of Rs 500 will be given every day during training.
- Rs 15,000 will be given as incentive for the toolkit.
- In the first phase, a collateral free loan of Rs 1 lakh will be given and in the second phase, a loan of Rs 2 lakh will be given. In the first phase, Rs 1 lakh will have to be returned in 18 months and Rs 2 lakh in 30 months.
- The interest rate on this loan will be only 5 percent.
- The government itself will bear the remaining expenses.
- Apart from this, under PM Vishwakarma Yojana, one rupee will be given on every transaction for a maximum of 100 transactions every month.
- The National Committee for Marketing (NCM) will provide other support like quality certification, branding and promotion, e-commerce linkage, trade fair advertising and promotion.