Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2024 :-
Under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign, a new scheme has been started by the Central Government to brighten the future of daughters and bear the expenses of their education, higher education and marriage etc. Whose name is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. This is a small savings scheme. Under which parents of a daughter below 10 years of age can invest under this scheme to secure her future. A minimum of Rs 250 and a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be invested in this scheme.
This scheme has been made only for daughters. By investing in it, the future expenses of the daughter can be met. Under this scheme, by investing for 15 years, funds can be collected for the expenses of daughter’s education and marriage etc. Any parent or guardian can open an account in the name of the girl child.
Better interest in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, along with tax free :
You get 8% interest on investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. The interest rate available on this i.e. for the quarter from July to September 2023 is 8 percent per annum. This scheme is a tax free scheme on which tax exemption is given at triple i.e. three different levels. First of all, you will get exemption under section 80c of the Income Tax Act if you invest up to Rs 1.5 lakh annually. Secondly, there is no tax on the returns you get and the third advantage is that the amount received on maturity is also completely tax free.
Maximum deposit amount in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana :
Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, an account can be opened in the post office for a daughter below 10 years of age. Under this scheme, separate accounts can be opened for two daughters. If there are twin daughters, then more than two accounts can also be opened. Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, it is necessary to deposit a minimum of Rs 250 during a financial year while a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited during the entire financial year. If you want, you can also divide this amount and deposit it every month. And you can also deposit Rs 1.5 lakh in a year by depositing Rs 12,500 in your account every month. Similarly, if you invest Rs 1,11,400 every year in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, you will get an amount of Rs 50 lakh on maturity.
Benefits and features of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana :
- Under this scheme, an account can be opened in the name of a girl child below 10 years of age.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, any person can invest a minimum of Rs 250 and a maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh annually in a year.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a government scheme hence provides guaranteed returns.
- Sukanya Samriddhi account can be transferred from one part of the country to another. At the same time, if the account is not closed even after maturity, one gets the benefit of interest.
- [23:08, 08/01/2024] harsh sharma: When the girl turns 18 years of age, she is given the option to withdraw 50% of the amount for her education.
- Investment can also be made under this scheme for an adopted daughter.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the premium amount has to be deposited for 15 years for which the maturity period has been fixed at 21 years.
- According to the financial year 2023-24, interest at the rate of 8% is being given in this scheme.
- After turning 18, the girl can manage her account herself.
Eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana :
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened only by parents or legal guardians in the name of the girl child.
- The age of the girl child should be less than 10 years at the time of opening the account.
- Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, a family will be allowed to open only two accounts.
- More than one Sukanya Samriddhi account cannot be opened for a girl child.
- Only in case of two girls having twin daughters for the second time after having a daughter for the first time, an account of three daughters can be opened.