Atal Bhujal yojna 2023 :
Under Atal Bhujal Yojana, the Central Government has identified seven places in the country where people are facing water problems. This scheme of the Central Government will pay special attention to community participation and demand intervention for sustainable groundwater management of such areas. Under the Atal Bhujal yojna , Jal Jeevan Mission envisages better source stability, positive contribution towards the goal of doubling the income of farmers or bringing about a change in the behavior of the community to facilitate water use.
An amount of Rs 6000 crore will be spent by the Central Government for the operation of Atal bhujal yojan 2023. For the implementation of this project, 50 percent of the money will be taken as loan from the World Bank and up to 50 percent of the amount will be spent by the Government of India.
Objective of Atal Bhujal yojna :
The main objective of this scheme is to improve the management of groundwater resources in water stressed areas of selected states. Through Atal Bhujal Yojana, ground water level will be improved which will solve the water problem. This objective will be achieved by implementing appropriate investment/management work led by the community through convergence of various ongoing or new Central and State schemes. Through this scheme, water will be available to every citizen of the country.
Benefits and features of Atal Bhujal Yojana 2023 :
- Atal bhujal yojna has been started under the Central Government.
- Under this scheme, the system of groundwater management will be demonstrated in such areas of the country where people are facing water shortage.
- For this, 7 areas of the country have been identified through the government. Which mainly includes Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana.
- Under this scheme, people who are suffering from drought at the rural level will especially get benefits.
- Assistance under the scheme will be provided to the states in the form of grants at all those places identified under Atal Bhujal Yojana 2023.
- An amount of Rs 6 thousand crore will be spent through the government for the implementation of the scheme.
- For groundwater management, it will be given on community participation under Atal Ground Water Scheme of the government.
- For this scheme, 50 percent loan will be taken from the World Bank and 50 percent money will be spent under the Government of India.
Process to apply under Atal bhujal yojna :
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Atal Groundwater Scheme.
- Now it will open in front of you on Home.
- On the home page you have to click on the option of Apply.
- After this a new page will open on your screen.
- On this page you have to enter all the important information.
- Now you have to upload all the important documents.
- After this you will have to click on the submit option.
- In this way you will be able to apply under Atal Ground Water Scheme.
Budget amount for implementation of Atal Bhujal Yojana :
An amount of Rs 6 thousand crore has been earmarked by the government for Atal Bhujal Yojana for groundwater management. In which 50 percent loan will be taken from the World Bank and 50 percent will be borne by the Central Government.